Friday, April 8, 2011

My Birthday!

Wow, I'm finally getting around to telling you about my birthday weekend!  My twin sister and I turned 30 last Saturday!  We celebrated at my parent's house last Thursday so we could open gifts.  You see, I bought my sister a Coach handbag (This was a BIG birthday, after all), and all she kept talking about making her way to the Coach Factory Outlet while she was going to be away....I couldn't let that happen!  Turns out she bought me the cutest Coach wallet!  Remember, twins?

I also got a lovely fabric set to make a new quilt for myself, some of my favorite candles from Our Own Candle Co.  Do yourselves a favor, buy the Lemon Pound Cake and the Snickerdoodle, you won't be sorry!  I love me some Yankee, but these little guys smell amazing and are a fraction of the cost!

I also got a little birthday money in which I immediately used to buy MYSELF a Coach handbag to go with my new wallet!  Listen people, I don't splurge much, Target and Kohl's are about as expensive as I will go on just about anything, but I am now in love with the Coach Factory Outlet.  And who cares if they might be "so last season!"  I'm all about the bargain people.  And to all you designer snobs....you know what you can kiss.

I digress.  My fabulous husband!  He put together an amazing night for me!  We went to Atlantic City, NJ.  I've lived in this state my entire life and I've never been!!  We stayed at The Borgata in a beautiful suite.  The room was so perfect!  He made reservations at the Old Homestead Steakhouse and we ate the best steak and burger of our lives.  Of course we also had yummy appetizers and chocolate cake for dessert.  I lost a little money at the casino.  We didn't go crazy.  The next morning we went down to the buffet for breakfast and the couple in front of us randomly paid for our meal!  How sweet was that?!  Then we went back into the casino and I made 1/2 of my money back!  It was going to be an AWESOME 30th!!

We drove home that day and later that night we went to the local pub and had a dinner and drinks with my brother and some great friends.  It was the PERFECT birthday weekend!!
Us before dinner:





2 comments:

  1. HAhahaha I LOVE The Coach Outlet! I bought a black purse and a blue leather tote. I'm set for years. Their stuff does not wear and will alst for years! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! I am so glad you had a great time!! I told you turning 30 wasn't so bad.

    ReplyDelete