Monday, January 24, 2011

Rough Weekend

I am so glad this weekend is over.  Matt went away on an ice fishing trip with the guys (my father, brother and a friend all drove out together and met up with my uncle and his buddies in Northern Michigan).  My mom stayed with me, which was great because she hardly comes over.  We just hung around, met up with my sister on Friday night for a Walmart run and made yummy food to snack on.  But sleeping was just not happening. 

Not only was it hard to not have Matt next to me, but on top of that I had to deal with my mom's noisy sleeping habits.  I never knew my mother was such a loud snorer!!  The first 2 nights I ended up on the couch.  The Breathe Right strip worked for a few hours, but for some reason completely stopped working after that.  For the next 2 nights she slept on the couch, but I just couldn't get a good night's rest.

On Saturday I woke up with a migraine.  I started my routine, popped an Imitrex, and made a cup of coffee.  I felt the medicine working so I decided to go back to my bed and thought I'd get back up and restart the day, fresh as a daisy.  Wrong.  This thing did not want to let up.  I took another Imitrex and laid down again...an hour later, still no change.  I stayed in my bed until about 3 and then came down to the couch for a change of scenery. 

Unfortunately this made me feel even more nauseous so as i was running to the bathroom to get sick, I spooked my cats and they took my feet right out from under me and I face-planted just outside the bathroom door.  There I lay crying, in pain and wondering what my neighbors thought was going on in my house.  Thankfully the impact didn't make me lose my cookies right were I had landed. 

I finally choked down a 3rd Imitrex and it eventually took effect.  I have NEVER had to take 3.  This is just getting ridiculous.  I have been working with my doctor who has me trying some medications, but so far not much is working.  I made another appointment for this Friday to see if we can change things up.  I am determined to find something to fix this.

Anyways, I can't wait for Matt to be home in a few hours...I need a hug!

And so this post isn't picture-less...here is one of my favorites from last weekend of when we went to check on the boys' other ice fishing adventure.  I used my brother's sunglasses to get a neat mirrored shot :o)



3 comments:

  1. Poor thing. I hope you get things worked out as soon as possible. As I kept reading, I kept remembering how bad my headaches would get at times. I feel your pain. I hope you feel better! And, cool shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the headaches, I feel ya. I suffer from migraines. I hope you find something to work soon!!!
    I understand about Matt being away, Dave sent me my "Valentines" present this morning, his hotel confirmation where he will be gone all week :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, hope you are feeling much better today! I have migraines so I feel your pain (literally). After many tries, I found that Codeine is the only thing to help mine. So weird.

    Second, that capture is so cool..and the clarity in the reflection is amazing. Wow.

    ReplyDelete