Have you ever uttered the words, "If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know." And then wished you hadn't?
A family acquaintance passed away last night and his wife called me today to see if I could give her a hand getting her house ready for all the family and friends that were going to be stopping by to pay their respects...and I had to say no. I said NO! What's wrong with me!? It's not like I didn't want to, I really just can't. She said she understood and I believe her, but I still feel like total crap.
So I immediately next day delivered the BIGGEST sympathy plant 1800flowers.com had to offer.








Aw, don't be so hard on yourself. If you've got something legitimate going on then there is nothing you can do about it! I'm sure she understands, and it sounds like you were generous with your gift. It's okay!
ReplyDeletedon't beat yourself up over it. i absolutely think that she understands. maybe you can offer some time when you're free. it may be after the friends and family have come and gone, but i bet the extra help and "lightening the load" would be appreciated.
ReplyDeleteI have done the same thing before... but it was even worse... it was my own house! We had a roommate pass away over a year ago and I just couldn't stand to be in the house the next day. I understand. Keep your head up. I'm sure no one judges you for this.
ReplyDelete