Monday, September 13, 2010

It's All Positive Today!

 On A Positive Note Button

Why not?!  It's just my favorite time of year and I can't help but to be in a good mood!  I've been pretty proud of myself for getting a lot accomplished in the last week.  I've been really trying to stay motivated around the house.  I've kept up with the dishes and kept the piles of junk to a minimum!  Woohoo!  I love when things aren't cluttered.

Tina and I went shopping on Saturday and picked up some Halloween decorations from the dollar store...they had some great finds!  Then headed over to Walmart and we found some fabric on clearance...as low as $1.00/yard!  We plan on having a sewing day to make pillow cases for charity.  We'll drop them off at the local quilt shop to be delivered to hospitals and shelters.  I think we'll post more about that later :o)

Speaking of quilts, I got my first quilt top done!  I won't put any pictures up until after it's all finished, but I'm ready for my next one!  I think this will really become a love of mine.

And finally we celebrated my brother's birthday yesterday!  I made him his favorite cake (German Chocolate-box mix with Coconut Pecan frosting from scratch) and even attempted to write on it with the left over homemade chocolate frosting I made last week.  I'm not as talented as my sister in the cake decorating department, but it tasted good!

I was playing around with Photoshop, so excuse all the different styles, lol....

*Notice the candles...that's how we roll.  lol
David waiting patiently to blow out the candles too!
"It's my turn!!"
Finally!
And here we are!  And yes, that's my LITTLE brother!

Have a great week girls :o)

3 comments:

  1. i want more of that frosting!!

    i can't wait until our sewing day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm. German Chocolate cake is my Mother-in-Law's favorite and is so good!
    I can't wait to see your quilt!!

    Thanks for participating! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday lil' Bro. Bring on the cake~~

    ReplyDelete