Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday Already?!

Where the heck did the weekend go?  It was a good one either way.

Saturday, Tina came over for waffles!  The waffle maker I got for my shower is awesome.  I have to send another thank you card to the person who gave it to me, lol.  I just used the standard recipe on the Bisquick box...now that I know how much batter needs to be used (I ended up making a TRIPLE recipe!) I will experiment with homemade versions.  The reason I needed such a large amount was because I got THIS bad boy:
The Krups 4-Slice Waffle Maker.  (Bed Bath & Beyond) It makes HUGE waffles...think Belgian, but just rectangles instead of one big circle.  My all-time favorite way to eat these babies is with a big scoop of  ice cream...thank you, Grandma Rommel for teaching me that so many summers ago :o)

Then for Father's Day, Matt and I took his dad out to breakfast at their local diner.  It was very relaxing.  When we got back to his parents house his mom showed us a picture video thingy that her best friend made of all the pictures she took from the wedding.  She had really great music playing in the background and it was pictures from the rehearsal dinner all the way until the end of the wedding...she did a great job!  She also got our vows on video, brought a little tear to my eye...again!

We went to my parents house for a BBQ.  It was the perfect summer day...charcoal grill, hamburgers and hot dogs, macaroni salad, beans, cole slaw, cold drinks.  And it was HOT!  And there was the kiddie pool..always more fun for the adults I think.  A water fight broke out between my parents and then my sister and I got involved...it was so much fun!!!  The boys all missed it because they were at Walmart....I actually had to call Matt and tell him to buy me dry underwear!  We laughed so hard...we all haven't had that much silly fun in a long time.  OH!  and we also toasted marshmellows....perfect end to a perfect day :o)

Today it's back to business.  No work, but I need to get this house cleaned up.  Laundry, put luggage away, put shower gifts away...my spare room is a disaster!  But we have such a small place, I don't know where I'm going to shove all this stuff!  As long as there is a home for my waffle maker...it's all good.


4 comments:

  1. That waffle maker looks amazing! Yesterday sounds like it was a blast! Good luck putting your stuff away. I'm STILL storing a bunch of wedding stuff because I've got no where to put it in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm waffles! What a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a great time!! I have some homemade waffle recipes if you would like me to email them, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. not sure how i missed this post!! haha those waffles were awesome!! i may have to steal that baby one day!

    ReplyDelete