It really was. It was a little overwhelming, but overall I loved every minute. I wasn't sold on the idea of a shower and registering for things, but I was happy my mom talked me into it. There was laughing and crying and EATING. I got some amazing things that I wasn't expecting at all. My mom and sister went above and beyond the call of Shower Planning Duty.
They had a sort of Kitchen themed party. So Tina sent out recipe cards with the invites so that everyone could bring me one of their favorite recipes along with a non-perishable item for the wishing well. I scored HUGE here...Matt's grandmother gave me her recipe for this Polish cookie she makes around the holidays with the fillings for them. I can not wait to make them! This is the one cookie (among a million other Polish dishes she makes) that I drool over while at her house! There were a good mix of main dishes, soups and desserts. I can't wait to try some of them.
My family and friends were so generous to bring such nice things for me. Among the usual's were lingerie, pots and pans, bake wear. My sister totally surprised me with a sewing machine! I can not even tell you how excited I am to learn how to do this with her! She made me the coolest aprons and oven mitt!
I don't want to go on and on, so here are some pictures from the day!
I had just opened a locket with a picture of my grandmother inside (I can pin it to my bouquet). She's been gone for almost 4 years, but we miss her everyday.
The cake is was white cake, raspberry mousse filling and chocolate buttercream...it was awesome.
I couldn't have asked for a better day!









I've been waiting for this post!! :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you had a great time. You guys all look beautiful. It sounds like a wonderful day!
You look great in the pics! The wedding countdown is quickly getting smaller!! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day!!
ReplyDeleteLove the apron! Ummm.......after you're married when do you think you'll have time to sew?? hehe
Glad you enjoyed it. The time is moving swiftly now!
How Great, Marie! It's slightly uncomfortable, but it feels so great to be loved like that! I got a ton of recipes, too - and that has been great! Can't say I've used them too much yet, though! Your shower looked great! Enjoy all the attention!!!
ReplyDelete