Friday, April 23, 2010

Yay Weekend!

Over all it's been a pretty good week...other than my poor Devils getting knocked out of the playoffs last night with their horrific display in the last 2 games.  I'll get over it just in time for the season to start up again in October.  Until then I will cheer on my aunt's team, the Detroit Red Wings...all season long we have a great time poking fun at each others teams, but when one of our teams loses in the play offs we graciously root for the other.

On to other things...My shower is tomorrow!  I'm really excited!  It's going to be really small, nothing fancy.  But it will be nice to have a get together with the girls in the family.  Unfortunately, my best friend who is my Maid of Honor (Tina is my Matron of Honor) will not be able to attend.  She lives in North Carolina and is in her last semester at college.  She has finals so she needs to stay and finish up.  I can't lie, I was a tad upset when I found out she wouldn't be there, but I understand she has school.  And in her LAST ever semester, she needs to do well.  It's not the end of the world I guess.

My mom and Matt's mom chatted on the phone yesterday.  His mom is so cute.  Matt is an only child, so this is a pretty big deal for his parents.  She is so excited and wants to help do anything she can.  I am so lucky that I ended up with a man that has a great relationship with his mom.  It makes it so easy for me to get along with her.  She told my mom how much she and her husband love me and that they are so happy to have me be a part of their family.  Which, in my current emotional state made me a little teary!  

I can't wait to post after Saturday!  I'm going to take as many pictures as I can.  I'm used to being the photographer at every event, so I'm not sure how this is going to work, but I'll find a way :o)

Have a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting and fun!!
    I can't wait to hear all about it!!
    Oh btw, we need to talk about the "only child" thing with Matt, lol

    ReplyDelete