Starbucks won.
I am a pretty loyal Dunkin Donuts girl. I am happy with a medium French Vanilla Light and Sweet any day of the week. I can't be bothered with Latte's or Frap's or whatever else S.B.'s has to offer and quite frankly I still don't get the whole "Tall, Grande, Venti" system. I think it's stupid and I think I sound stupid asking for my size that way.
Anyhoo. My mother-in-law feels the same way, and had TWO gift cards in her wallet that she had been carrying around for over a YEAR! She asked me if I could use them, so I told her I would. I mean, it had been over a year! If it came down to it, I would happily order a hot chocolate or something.
I am not even joking when I tell you that I actually researched what to order and how to order it! I went in with my mom, who also had no clue what to get, I should have also preplanned for her. I asked for a Grande Mocha...simple. Mom got some sort of Caramel Latte. I should have known something was up when the girl asked me if I wanted room for milk....um, no, I thought to myself, I'll just mix in the whipped cream when I get home and that should be good enough.
I get home...no whipped cream! Man, I got ripped off! Because after my hours of research, a standard Cafe Mocha COMES with whipped cream. So I sipped it anyway and thought I would die. There was no sweetness (remember I like a light and sweet coffee), no chocolatey flavor. So I doctored it with Splenda, and my own whipped cream, more Splenda, then some Half & Half, then DUMPED more Splenda in. OMG why is this not tasting better!???? I finally pull the receipt out of my wallet (which got covered in coffee on the way home, ugh), and surprise! I was served Dark Roast Coffee, not the Cafe Mocha I could have written a 4 page thesis paper about.
Damn you Starbucks. Damn you.








I hate it when they mess up my drink! I always taste it before I leave and make them make me a new drink if it's wrong.
ReplyDeleteThat's hilarious. I have to agree though about SB. You tell them what you want, and by the time you say it, they say what sounds like something totally different. Although since I am such a peppermint mocha fan, I love their peppermint mocha fraps, & latte's and btw, you can get them year round :)
ReplyDelete