Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I Don't Wanna!

So after filling up on an amazing Thanksgiving feast, I am trying to talk myself back onto the "workout wagon."  I just feel so un motivated.  It's been about a month since I've done anything other than a short walk here or there.  Now that the weather has gotten chilly I can not force myself to take a stroll around the block.  I keep trying to picture my wedding day (just a few days shy of 6 months away) and how I'd like to look...you'd think that would be enough to get me going!

Today I went to good ole Amazon.com to read some reviews on excersize DVD's.  After a little research I chose Pure Barre.  Never heard of it, but it's supposed to be low impact, but super effective at burning fat and shaping a "dancer-like" body.  The last thing I want is to look like a beefcake body builder, so I think this fits the bill!  I'll put my Firm DVD's on the back burner, as I am so completely bored with them...they work, but I have a short attention span.

Now, how am I going to stay out of the bakery isle of the super market for the next 6 months?  Damn you Sweet Tooth!

3 comments:

  1. I'm currently looking for a ballet workout to strengthen my inner core muscles (and everything else). I've got a short attention span, too!

    Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! You might like my post from this past June when my oldest son married - June posts are all about relationships and the wedding - please come by and read some.

    http://bluecottonmemory.wordpress.com/2009/06/20/prayer-for-my-sons-wife/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for visiting! I just wanted to say that I've been trying to hop on that exercise bandwagon forever. Haha. I'm interested in hearing about the program you chose. I have the shred and some yoga videos which have all gone by the wayside. I need something though! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand completely!! I started walking in the spring and lost 20lbs off the bat, and then after a wedding down south, it was all down hill from there, ugh!

    You might take a girlfriend and try a Zumba class. They seem to be all the rage here and they say they're a blast to take.

    ReplyDelete